In this episode of The Influence Podcast, Jacey talks with Heather MacFadyen of the God Centered Mom blog and podcast. Heather shares her quest to relentlessly replace “me” with “He,” and what inspires her to maintain a blog and podcast while mothering four young boys.
What you’ll hear:
- The story behind the God Centered Mom blog and idea
- The journey to focus more on Him and less on ourselves
- Heather’s advice for would-be moms
- “I needed to get rid of the kids and me in the center, and put God in the center, and have an eternal, grace filled perspective.” Heather MacFadyen
- “The opposite of pride is humility, and [my boys] are humbling me.” Heather MacFadyen
- “It’s a daily battle to not make it about me, and so how am I going to make it about God?” Heather MacFadyen
- “What for you reminds you that you are in the center of God’s will, you are in the center of His power, and you are in the center of Christ’s work on the cross, and that it is not about YOU doing anything to earn God’s favor, but it’s all about you walking with Him in what He’s doing?” Heather MacFadyen
- “I was getting in the habit of going to my phone first instead of going to worship first.” Heather MacFadyen
- “Whatever your struggle or sin pattern has been, it’s gonna get pushed [in motherhood,] until you look less like yourself and more like Christ.” Heather MacFadyen
- Surprised by Motherhood by Lisa Jo Baker
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- Small Talk by Amy Julia Baker
- The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle
- Strength Finders by Tom Rath
- Connect with Heather on her website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or listen to her podcast.
- Your host for this episode is Jacey Verdicchio. You can connect with her on her blog, Instagram, or Twitter.