In this episode, Jamie Ivey talks with Debra Parker about her work fighting sex trafficking in Houston.
What you’ll hear:
- How the Lord prepared Debra to meet her birth mom and how it gave her more compassion for the women she fights for
- How Debra found that prayer was the way God asked her to fight on the front lines
- Suggestions for prayer warriors on how to engage
“It really stuck with me that this was happening in our day and age.” Debra Parker
“Pray for the things you read about happening in your city.” Debra Parker
“Maybe God is calling you to mire. Maybe God is calling you to be crazy interventionist, or maybe God is calling you to open a home. It all would start from a time of prayer.” Debra Parker
“The best thing we can do is pray.” Jamie Ivey
- Connect with For Her on Instagram
- Girls Like Us
- The Slave Across the Street
- Your host for this episode is Jamie Ivey. You can connect with her on her blog, Instagram, or Twitter.