Welcome to our fifth episode of the Influence podcast! You can scroll to the bottom of the post to listen, or find us on iTunes or your favorite podcast app.
Last week, we had our third Influence conference and early bird tickets for next year’s conference are on sale NOW! Join us?
On this week’s episode, Jacey talks with Jamie Ivey about podcasting, adoption, parenting, the local church, online community, Stitch Fix, books and what we share about our closest relationships online.
Show notes for this episode:
– Jamie hosts the Happy Hour podcast, and writes a wonderful blog
– Kat Lee has inspired both of us with her podcasts, How They Blog and Inspired to Action
– Jamie and her husband, Aaron, have four children: one biological, one domestically adopted, and two adopted from Haiti. She shares some about their adoption process, and their heart behind it.
– Jamie is very involved with her local church, where her husband is the worship pastor
Jamie says, “Two things that will sustain us until the end: community and God’s Word.”
– Within the context of community, we can be seen for who we are and fully accepted.
– Jamie and I are both fans of Stitch Fix: if you use Stitch Fix, do you Google the items in your Fix before they get to you?
– Jamie is reading Women of the Word and Strength’s Finders
– Jamie’s interview with Jen Wilkin is super encouraging (and inspired me in a special way!)
– Jacey is reading Bittersweet, one of Jamie’s favorites of all time.
– Jamie watches Shark Tank with her family, and Scandal when she has time
– We both find it difficult to share marriage struggles online, and discuss how you decide what to share
– Follow Jamie on Instagram, read her blog, and listen to her podcast. You’ll be so glad you did!
Are you a “baby person?” How do you decide what to share online about your marriage or kids? What are you reading or watching lately? Let us know in the comments, or email Jacey at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re enjoying the podcast, we’d so appreciate your rating and review on iTunes!
Thanks for listening!